Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Magazine files (Similar to FN303)

Rotary Magazine files (Similar to FN303)

Not completely finished, but good enough for mock up and modelling of mating parts...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Simon.

I actually bought a few FN 303 magazines to design our next gun.
    And figured I would have to build something similar. I will either go stamped or machined.

The magazines are really simple and they work. I started a Sten style gun about a year ago and made a stick magazine on the same principle of capturing the First Strike.

I tried a TPX magazine on the T2 pump that was a side loader.

First Strikes don't like to be loaded that way.

Thank you again.

Bill-CCM

Welcome to the forums Bill. Great to have you here.

I have found the FN303 magazine to be far better in functionality than any other current FSR magazine system I have used.

It may be possible to buy more mags, at a reasonable price too, if you need them. I was looking into that through some of my contacts.

Stamped or machined mags would be very interesting too, and if you do make your own please keep us up to date here as there may be several projects where people would want to buy mags from you. We are currently discussing one such design in the general forum here http://simonized.com/showthread.php?...=8246#post8246

I put a stick magazine on the Trracer that came up at 45 degrees so it was in line with the stock feedport. I had to significantly lengthen the follower in the magazine so that it continued to keep pressure on the last round event when in the breech. It worked like that, but the solution wasn't as elegant as a gun designed totally for FSR's.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with

We need a kit. To make these work with an automag... while we are at is ccm needs a mag pump kit

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    We need a kit. To make these work with an automag... while we are at is ccm needs a mag pump kit
    FN-303 Magazine all the things?!?

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Yup crazy talk. Simon can attest to my crazyness. I was underestimated

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Rod and I have discussed the AM pump kit at length. It's not a particularly difficult kit to make it's just time consuming compared to our standard kits.

I would love to have unlimited $ to make all of the projects I want to make but I would go broke doing them all.

awww. sad

The Sten mag I made has the "hoop" on it so the FS really stays enclosed till the bolt picks it up. So the magazine really becomes part of the body. kind of like a re-movable bore so the bolt pushes thru the magazine into the barrel. This would allow you to use the magazine at any angle.
    And you can remove your mag without rounds spewing out.

The problem with todays magazines and guns is they are trying to dual feed FS & paintballs. Kind of like if my $1200 don't shoot FS I can still shoot paintballs. And I think that makes the design suffer.

There is some really good mag designs out today but the FN is 100% positive and that's a lesson to be learned.

agreed, and the look of a drum mag is just drool worthy