Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Empire Sniper question/suggestion

I tell you what. If you'd like, strip your gun down totally and send me the hammer, bare body, pump and pump guide rod and I will see what I can do for you to increase the stroke and move the cocking point back.

Sweet. I do it after World Cup.

Thank you so much.

Awesome. Simon's the man.

OK, Got the parts... now the question is how much to adjust them by...

The material left on the hammer is 0.31" inch so we could safely go 0.25" longer stroke, but I suspect that is overkill.

The body is the only part that if we cut we can't easily replace or swap out...

The hex in the tip of the pump guide rod is 0.25" deep... so I think we cut that down by 0.2". If it's too much you can always put an extra urethane bumper in the pump to reduce the stroke.

I think we match the slot in the body (i.e. 0.2") and then we cut a couple of hammers to give you options. Say one at .2" and one at 0.1"

Worst case is the slot in the gun body is maybe 0.1" or 0.05" longer than you need.

Thoughts? I can err on the shorter side if you would prefer and just adjust them all by 0.1" but I kind of like the option for you to try more if needed to get what you want...

OK, I raided all of the parts I could find.

With your parts I have three hammers, three pump guide rods, three pumps (two I pulled the urethane bumpers out of).

My thought is to cut the slot in the gun body 0.2" longer.

Cut one set of parts 0.2", cut one set 0.15" and cut one set of parts 0.1"

Then you can mix and match to your hearts content.

IF you find the best combination is a gun body with a slot less than 0.2" longer I will try to find a spare one, cut it to the right specs and get it to you, but that would be after you did all the testing.

Happy with that?

You can adjust the stroke by adding urethane washers into the pump itself. If you want to fine adjust it you can put washers underneath it. Each urethane bumper is approximately 0.1" so you'd want something thinner for fine adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    OK, I raided all of the parts I could find.

With your parts I have three hammers, three pump guide rods, three pumps (two I pulled the urethane bumpers out of).

My thought is to cut the slot in the gun body 0.2" longer.

Cut one set of parts 0.2", cut one set 0.15" and cut one set of parts 0.1"

Then you can mix and match to your hearts content.

IF you find the best combination is a gun body with a slot less than 0.2" longer I will try to find a spare one, cut it to the right specs and get it to you, but that would be after you did all the testing.

Happy with that?
    Yes that would be perfect. I just measure the bolt clearance point, it is about a 3/16 of an inch off. So making the hammer, the body and either the pump guide rod or the pump handle .2" inches deeper would be exactly what I need.

Once again thank you for taking your time on this.

*edit* I think maybe taking .1 inches off the pump handle and .1 off the pump guide would be better than doing .2 on either one.

*edit #2* Once I get it back I'll play around matching the set and see which one works the best. Here is my thinking, even if the hammer cocks way after the bolt clears the breech it will be fine. The keys is the hammer cocking is the only feedback people have. It should be last thing that should on the backward stroke of the pump.
    Last edited by noclue119; 11-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.

It's way, way harder to take material off the pump handle in comparison to taking it off the pump guide. I'll see if we can, but not betting on it. Not sure the plastic wall is even thick enough.

With three versions of each part I hope you have enough ability to mix and match to get just what you want.

That works for me